With so many on the market just how do you go about finding the right estate agent?
Firstly, you must be clear about what is important to you. If you don’t know what you want, then how can you find the perfect agent? Take this example. If you have a problem with your heart who do you go and see? You wouldn’t go to see a neurologist or a paediatrician. You see someone who specialises in that area. Yet you could call all these people medical experts. It’s the same with property. Every estate agent is in the property industry, yet they all have their own specialisms and traits.
Unfortunately, unlike those in the medical profession, some agents will exaggerate their services. This is especially true of low-cost agencies. The reason they are cheap is because they are cutting out of some of the essential services. Therefore, it is important to do your due diligence.
We’ve put together a list of some of the questions you should ask yourself before approaching any agent. Remember to check these answers with your prospective agent to ensure that they will provide everything you need:
- Are you comfortable negotiating?
- Will you be comfortable interacting with buyers and getting direct feedback?
- Is the fee that you pay more important than how much you get?
- Is the fee the most important factor?
- Or is the selling price most important?
- Is it the timescale that’s important to you?
- Is customer service and having someone available by phone at any time important for you?
- Or are you okay with minimal contact?
- Do you want someone proactively chasing and progressing your sale?
- Or are you okay moving at your own pace?
We understand here at Springbok we might be right for everybody, but if you are looking for a fast sale and want some being proactive then why not get started with a free no obligation valuation by clicking HERE.